Thursday, December 27, 2007

Big Slough Pictures...

I have hit the Big Slough Wilderness area a couple of times this week. No ducks killed, but have seen a few and also several deer. Mainly I have been setting up Points of Interest (POI) in the new GPS so my happy ass can find my way back to the car.

Here is one POI, a place where I occasionally park, the bridge on the 4C trail that runs from Neches Bluff to Ratcliff. I guess that's Hickory Creek, all water ways are linked anyway so names don't matter.





Not a POI here, but there were three Woodies sitting here on a small slough feeding Big Slough. I passed them up walking down the trail because they would surely spook if I tried to slip up on them. I came back later and they were still there and I scared them up. I don't usually hunt here but I figured what the hey, if the were here for a reason, more might come. They didn't.

Note the water marks on those trees as well as the steep banks in the bridge picture. There be some water come through here every year when we get the good old East Texas rainy season. About 8 ft of it. Dallas wants to build a dam so they can pipe all this uphill. Somebody will have to foot that bill, sound suspiciously like the old rich get richer scheme to me.

The farthest land in this picture is actually the far bank of the Big Slough. The GPS says that the Neches River is 8/10s of a mile straight ahead. That would be a tough go, no matter if you went as the crow flys or followed the water. If there is a big foot, he's over there. Might be a few folks getting on what is really an island or with further exploration a series of islands, by boat from the river, but there are not many people crossing here. The slough is big deep and wide. There are some crossable places father down, but making your way back to this spot would no doubt be fodder for several blog posts.

GPS says 190ft above sea level.

And about that big foot, check for sightings in your county:
http://www.texasbigfoot.com/

Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger