Friday, August 01, 2008

Music on the Cruise...

Lots of music on the cruise. I did not get a picture of all of it. Here is some.

A little chamber music trio, the Sunny Notes.
Big jazz band, horns, guitar, bass, piano and drums playing jazz stuff and backing up some of the comedians in the nightly shows with short Tonight Show band type pieces. Only limitation was no tenor banjo to cover the dixieland ground.
A tropical steel drum combo, bass and steel drum, they played on deck around the pools. They used backing tracks to fill out the band and some swore they herd steel drum sounds when the drummer was not playing?
Several solo performers around the ship each evening, good singers and players but covering all those pop tunes that geezer radio stations have long ago worn out. Kind of like my job, same thing everytime, good delivery, whether they want it or not.

There was a piano bar man I and did not get a good picture of him. We spent several evenings gathered around him, nice seats right next to the piano where we could chat back and forth between songs. Humorous guy, but a little heavy on the Elton and Billy Joel tunes. Had some great funny songs full of colorful language, but could have had a little more barrel house stuff worth of the dark bar room. Three nights, heard most songs three times.
Posted by Picasa

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger