Sunday, May 09, 2010

More Jazz Fest...

Here's some people pictures from the Jazz Fest. This is a picture of Pop, Geneva and Cathy just before they enter the nude section of the Jazz Fest. bet you didn't know they had one of those. Cathy and Geneva smile for the camera while Pop is busy taking his shoes off so he can hurry and drop them 'ralls. Note the naked legs in the back ground, I cropped this picture so no faces are seen because they were afraid. Not unusual, after eight years of the Bush administration has made us afraid of almost everything they are scared their mom, their boss, their coworkers or SOs will see their naked pictures on the Internet. And besides, they did not pay the usual $39,000 picture fee for this space. Anyway the real point of all this other than making naked jokes and poking Republicans with a stick is for you to note the turtle shell shaker stick on the ground between Geneva and Cathy.


Here's a some what better picture but you can't see the shell, you have seen it on these pages before and I have taken it to many Jazz fests. Probably 10-15 years old, it's a personal invention, an attempt at wretchedly bad ethnic folk art. For some reason this shaker, I shake it in time to the music, plays any kind of music and sounds better than expected to old fashion dixieland, attracted more attention than ever before at the fest. Lots of people, dozens approached and asked to take a photo and many more probably took a photo of me in action on the sleigh. The crafts people eyed it jealously and the proprietors of the American Indian Booth ask if I minded them using the idea. I said go ahead. People seemed starved for a meager amount of what they thought of as creative, authentic, exciting and so forth, see eight years of Bush administration.

Anyway, I was standing outside the dixieland tent a sawed off guy approaches, kind of greasy looking, smoking a cigar and wearing a pith helmet. Asks how much for the stick. Now this is a moment I have really been waiting for, sell my stuff. He says he's in the music biz, will use it recording. I say well what do you do? He says, used to play the Austin circuit. I say maybe I saw you, I been around. he says it was with a band called "Machine Screw." He takes out a bic pen and taps the turtle shell. He says I'll play it like this if you sell.

Anyway, that's like three strikes at that point, sawed off and greasy cigar smoking, played in a band called "Machine Screw" and taps my turtle with a bic pen. I can't sell. We both cry a little, but I'm faking it.

Keep your eyes open, it's coming to a store near you and you saw it here first.


Posted by Picasa

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger