Thursday, July 22, 2010

Get Your Cat Clothes On...

That's what Carl Perkins said one time. I am better able to say that myself with a recent customization to my DeArmond hollow body guitar that helps turn it into a powerful rockabilly/western machine.

A little history here, you may have seen this guitar pictured better on these pages in Mary's photo class pictures. She made it look like art. Guess I don't really know how to do that but as you see this Fender corporation instrument I have owned for about 10 years has had a Bigsby Vibrato added. It's the little handle device anchored just below the bridge. It's otherwise known as a "talent lever." I'm playing better already.

This instrument is a copy of what Guild guitars were like in the 1950s at the birth of rock and roll and modern country. Powerful DeArmatron pick ups make this baby howl and in addition to the cool warbling produced by the Bigsby I think the added mass of the base to the hollow top has projected a deeper sound.

Thanks to Kelly of Action Sound in Hawkins Texas for the modifications.


TPosted by Picasa

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger