Friday, September 09, 2011

I remember...

So one day in the future, hopefully a long time from now, but it will happen, I'll be dead. I'll lay in noble repose up at Gipson's Funeral home, like so many hard headed Wallaces of old, at rest, at peace, my long journey done.

They will gather, family and friends, sorry and sad for sure, but I am ok, ready to lay in Mother Earth, my work done. As they gather around, the casket is on that lazy Susan thing that Gipson's has, where the family takes their last viewing, the lid is closed and they spin you around to the main sanctuary for the service to begin. Contrary to popular belief this is not a special maneuver required to get a Wallace into heaven, merely a convenience to move the proceedings along.

Before all this happens there will be the remembrances. Coraline, the granddaughter in this picture will take her turn telling a story about the time with Grandpa on the beach. The time he ran up and down the beach so fast I had to hold on to his hat to keep it from flying off into the Gulf of Mexico and to keep myself from falling in the water.

The rest of the kids possibly other grandkids will hear this story and stare open mouthed in disbelief. The will all say,"Grandpa ran fast, nu-uh!" Posted by Picasa

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Katie said...

You're a sweet old man but don't talk about dying just yet...you only have ONE grandchild :)

11:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger