Friday, July 19, 2013

Rainy Lake Morning...

Cathy slept in because she's working tonight so I took
an early morning trip to the lake to chase white perch under the highway 147 bridge. I had some success as I caught 4 keepers. 

As you can see from the photo it was a rainy morning. Seemed like no bites happened when the rain fell. I tied up under the bridge and had the top on the boat up so I stayed pretty dry. I was wearing a swim suit so really no big concern with dryness. Rain good in the summer time. 


The day had a couple of bonuses. One of them was the big schools of white bass braking the top near where I fished. I eased out among them and caught 4 nice keepers that put up a great fight on light tackle. Again the action seemed to stop when a rain shower passed through. 



Second bonus of the day was an older gentleman who stopped and asked did I want some fish. He gave me 13 nice crappie. He told me he caught 8000 fish a year and never fished anywhere but under the bridge and that he caught them all on lures. He said he had never bought a minnow in his life. Now some of you may think that sounds like a fish tale but I can tell you that in my work with the geriatric population of southern Angelina county I have heard that a man like this existed. Now I have met him. I did not ask his name as I thanked him for the fish but I bet I know his boat again when I see it. 

All in all a very nice day. I guess I did pretty good against an 8000 fish legend. If he had 13 and I had 8 of my own I am not too far off the mark. Maybe somewhere someone is telling the tale of me. 





Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger