Thursday, December 15, 2005

Everything OK...

Everything went fine for my mom today. They ended up doing a quadruple bypass. She went in about 7am, they started the incision about 8:30 and finished up by about 3pm. We got to see her in recovery between 4 and 5. She was fairly alert at this time.

We went ahead and attended the Taekwondo Christmas party, and I came back at 8pm expecting her to be in ICU, but she was still in recovery. Within the hour she was taken to ICU. She was quite alert by this time, feeling some pain in the incision and still on the vent. As a black belt I had been required to wear a tie to the TKD party, she kept reaching for me, I thought my hand, but she was trying to grab my tie, wondering why I had on a tie. She is a tough old bird.

She had a lot of support and prayers from her church family and friends today. Thanks to all who visited and kept us in their thoughts today.

I'll be back up there at 8am tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger