Sunday, May 20, 2007

The Great Preakness Catfish Round up and Bream Rodeo...

Try as we may it's just hard to make all those national events. Makes us feel bad when we miss things like The Kentucky Derby, Datonya, Sturgis, The Belmont, or the Gilmer Yamboree so we try to honor them any way we can. Sometimes a good Catfish Rodeo and Bream Round up makes us feel a lot better.

Suzi and Charlie joined us for this trip (no last names so it will make it hard for your employer, Cheney or the Yamboree committee to google you up) to Big Sam Rayburn. We forgot to count how many fish we had but it fed the four of us and Morgan and Mary with just enough.















There is a fish eagle nest, think there might be some fish around here guys?

Cats might have run a little larger than normal. Several nice blues hand fishing, mostly caught by Suzi and Cathy. Pose with your fish lady, I mean, pose with you fish, lady. She says with a naselly voice, "You just want to post it on that blog."













Some nice pan fish were caught on small spinners.









We even put out the floating noodles and took the biggest fish of the day, about a three pound blue that had a five inch long catfish in his belly that he had had for lunch.














The infamous tub shot.
As always, swimming in my belly.

Labels: ,

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger