Sunday, August 03, 2008

So it's Hot...

But it did cool off a bit today with a thunder shower. Down side of that is it knocked the power out. Back on now, duh, I'm posting, but it seems like lately the barest poot of wind puts us out of business, signs of a collapsing infrastructure as the 21st century winds to a close.


Seems like those old hot paper mill days of summer are just a distant memory. Now I maybe cross a hot parking lot to my car, takes a minute to cool then I am off to a workout in the air conditioned TKD school (break a pretty good sweat there) or maybe some of the home health business so when I do finely get out side in the evenings it's cooled considerably to that old southern green Gothic humidity that I really like, closed in all around with crickets frogs and distant bawling cows hollering the news of relief as the sun sinks. I can take the dark decaying shade, just don't but that bright sun on me.


We do spent some time on the lake in the sun, but a cool water breeze and a quick did with few clothes worn makes everything alright. Check this short clip, Sam Rayburn Tubing, shot at the lake of the way we cool it:



Also while we are showing new stuff check the new link to Raggety Resa's Place. These are some old friends, a family I guess I have known them 35 years or so. Raggety Resa started up a blog after a visit here. She's good at it with a great eye for old family photos.


Keep cool with this shot of me and Cathy, made by the ships photo guy, one of those cheesy souvenir things you buy on a big vacation. The river water was in the 70s and very cllear.

2 Comments:

Blogger Thereasa said...

I have enjoyed looking at your blogger site so very much ... I don't write anything because I don't want to take up space. BUT ... now that you've mentioned my blogger site ... I must write a thank you.

I love this blogger thingy/site (i like the word "thingy") ... it's great to keep up with friends and family. We live in such a "fast paced" world ... at least doing this can slow us down ... and we can get to know each other all the better. That's the treasure of the written word!

By the way I've been thinking about the title of your blogger site. I know the finishing words/conclusion to "the older you will get ..." This is for you and Cathy both. "the older you will get ... the younger you'll forever be!" You two sure know how to have lots of fun! And ya'll have a beautiful family!

Thanks again!
Sincerely,
Thereasa

11:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the comments. Feel free to take up space here. I could not have said those things any better myself.

Blogging has been a good thing for my family and friends and a good outlet for me.

As for the title, well you kind of got it right. Clues are everywhere though.

6:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger