Friday, January 30, 2009

Boats...

Stuck at working tomorrow so tonight I dream of boats, especially since I won't be involved with any. Here are some I saw on the Evansville visit.

A tug pushes what looks to be coal up the Ohio River a cold brisk day. I figure that the galley on this vessel either has the best coffee you ever drank brewing to help ward off the cold or it's just so cold no one really cares how the coffee tastes. Wait, I forget, it is the 21st century, they all got a grande at Starbucks on the way to work.



Ever been driving down the road and the force just takes you somewhere? What do you mean, "what force?" Ok, just stop reading now and google "Brittney" or something, you will not scratch your head so hard and have more fun.

The force took me to a place, I swore I would not for get the name but I did, something like "Frenchmen's Bay Harbour Yatch Marina Social and Pleasure Club."
The common thread seeming to hold this little community in unison was not a marina that I could see, but a common banding together of 1970s trailer houses elevated like a beach house would be to escape high water that must occur in these parts. Maybe it was just winter, but the whole area, including the club building that did not look to be in use had that faded poop slung out of it look that seems to be globally in vogue after 8 years of Bush in the White House.

Anyway I saw this boat, 3 decks, many propane powered devices from fridges to cookers and completed in all glory by a slide from deck 2. No motor in evidence, I expect in pleasant weather everyone donned cut off britches and skinny little halters and towed this big baby to a quite spot on the river for some serious lounging. Probably leave it anchored all summer.

Another tug with barge on the Ohio at Evansville.
Posted by Picasa

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger