Thursday, January 22, 2009

Sometimes I Think About My Own Business...

Ever get tired of the daily grind? Think about may be getting your own thing going on? I hang around the Taekwondo school a lot and while some might dream of having their own school, I know that one day I'll be too old for all those kicks and punches or I will jump, bend or squat and rip my trousers and then I will be too embarrassed to keep training up there.


So my idea, and your own business seems to always combine two things, one which you like to do and one thing we usually don't like to do which is work, into one thing. I like to cook, among other hobbies so I think it would be real great to open an Asian Tak-Key-Outee food joint right next to the Taekwondo school.


You used to see a bunch of these things in the French Quarter on Bourbon St. A long narrow room, four tables against one long wall with a counter which you order from and stand there watching a guy (me!) cooking your greasy rat or shrimp on a stick, sticky fried rice and limp over cooked veggies. You know the kind of menu I'm talking about, stuff that tastes real good when you are hungry as heck or real drunk.

Location is everything and I figure with the Asian motif right next to the Taekwondo school coupled with lots of hungry kids finishing a work out business would boom. Of course may be I am a little mean and really want to see the kids in their white karate outfits squeezing sweet and sour sauce out of little plastic packets and getting it all over them.

Other people have had similar ideas and made them work. Here is the Taekwondo school in Evansville, Indiana, I have worked out here before on a previous visit, they are the same association as us. Seems the target market for the business next door is a little different, but you get the drift. You could probably see people getting stuff all over them too.
Posted by Picasa

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger