Thursday, April 23, 2009

Catfish Video...

People ask me all the time, what was it you did when the plane was going down, why don't you get punched in the face more often, what kind of catfish bait do you use, what Bob Wills song were you listening to when you got that speeding ticket?

Here is an attempt clear some of that up. Posted on a youtube is a video we made the other day titled the "The Big Hook Set." Stars Cathy, with music by Othar Turner from the cd, "Everybody Hollaring Goat." Here's the link:
http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=theolderyouwillget&view=videos

The music is fife and drum music, a very old style going way way back in Mississippi. Here is a picture of Othar Turner's great grand daughter I made at the New Orleans Jazz Fest in 2007. She was on stage learning her craft. Othar was there, not to sure why I don't have a picture of him, but he was pretty old, in his 90s and passed away not too long after. He was basically letting the young ones carry it for him like he knew they would soon have to do when he was gone.

This music goes real well with cat fishing.

Posted by Picasa

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger