Sunday, April 12, 2009

I Joined Facebook...

I have had a few invites, so I finally broke down and "got another web site" as my wife put it. I got three friends already. I don't think it will take the place of this location, but maybe I'll just use it to direct people to where the real action is.

After a little browsing, Facebook and what I have heard about twitter seem a little brief to me. Looks like one liners so far and pictures taken by cell phones at parties. Maybe I'll get used to it, but I think one of the big advantage here is that I can post pictures that sometimes need long explanations of what is occurring.

Take this picture for example. Pretty straight forward, I am watering flowers. So this is not a good example, except in the fact that I now have time to water flowers instead of coming over to each individuals home and engaging in long explanations explaining what is exactly going on. Sometimes I used to get out of breath from all this explaining and then sometimes I had to explain it all again from the beginning. So with technology I have not only decreased my carbon footprint at your house, I have saved a lot of breath.

Now here is a picture that needs explaining and in fact it needed explaining to me. I thought I was just sitting on a fallen tree trunk that happens to be 10' in the air with a bunch of people hollaring that I was about to fall. One person said "No he's posing for the dust jacket shot of his next novel." Seems like the falling just stopped right there as did the hollaring. Since I have never written a last novel, that also took some explaining.
Posted by Picasa

2 Comments:

Anonymous Katie said...

Dad we searched for you on THE Facebook. We could not find you *sad. Please let us know what crazy alias you have assumed.

9:04 PM  
Blogger Carl said...

Maybe it was ":0 book"

I used my Christan name.

9:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger