Wednesday, September 16, 2009

More Shameless Self promotion Can Get the Sheriff Out to the House...

Our little country band was having a rehearsal Saturday night at my house for this weekends upcoming LaSalette Festival/Fiestas Partrias to be held on the St. Patrick's Church grounds Sunday Sept. 20 10am-5pm and somebody called the Sheriff on us. Seems a noise complaint had been called in by a neighbor. It was not the closest neighbor, he was playing with us also. If you know this neighborhood houses are mostly 100 yards apart.

I wish I could have taken a picture of the squad cars or the look on the jug-eared deputy's face when he saw that most of the men making this racket were the age of his grandpa (I think he was wondering how those old guys got those big Fender amps up on the stage on my porch) but I decided it might seem rude or something to run in the house suddenly in the presence of such visitors.

It was 9pm when they arrived, almost my bed time. Any later and they would have had to wake me up to tell me be to be quiet which does happen sometimes since I am known as a ferocious snorer. They were nice and informed us that music outside must be below 85 decibels.

So this picture I took recently on an Austin street corner near the UT campus seems appropriate since it's a festival of our Lady and our band is playing. Most of the time I'm good but sometimes that man in black, Johnny Cash walks the line.

Come see us play, we go on at 10am, good morning St. Patrick's. Must be the opening act, a country band to catch the Anglos attention after the 9am Mass lets out.
Posted by Picasa

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Dan Dan said...

What we should have done was allow them to measure our sound output and see if they would go back to the complainer and tell them, "sorry" if we had measured below the decibel limit.

10:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger