Thursday, November 05, 2009

A Few Casual Observations...

I started my online career as a blog writer. I never knew it was going to make me rich like it did so it was just natural when everyone began doing the face book thing that I rig things up to rake in the cash both places. I mean you have noticed that this is all about me haven't you.

I've noticed folks like to take part in polls on face book. Did you know if you voted in the "Do you think Carl Wallace is the Sexiest Man Alive" poll I can see who voted yes and who voted no? Some might think that's subversive, but if you voted yes I kind of knew you would.

I also noticed some have taken part in the "Do you Think All Signs Should Be in English" poll. I don't know that I think that so as a good scientist I went and gathered evidence, like this picture here I submit for examination. What's the woman doing? Climbing on the wall. What's the sign say not to do? Climb on that wall. So what do we do? Assume a non English speaker? Then we need signs in her language. Post a larger sign with lots of languages? There is plenty of room on the post (ha! I made a funny) seen in the picture wouldn't have to make longer posts so no economic effects whatsoever. Declare war on wall climbing? Probably not, latest wars have been pretty messy, not a good time to start another.
How about we just allow all wall climbing? Let the vote counting begin.

Posted by Picasa

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Dan Dan said...

If you drive by the SFA Coliseum, you'll see several signs directing you to not drive on the grass. Never did it occur to me to jump the curb and drive on that grass until I saw those signs. Now, everytime I drive by, I want to go drive on the grass. Someday you'll get a call asking to bail me out for driving on the Coliseum's grass - my defense will be: the signs made me do it!

2:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger