Monday, November 02, 2009

Halloween Gig...

No, it's not Winterland 1969 and we were not holding a Trips Festival it's just the annual State School Halloween party. We threw together a makeshift band, Danny on guitar, Miguel on flute, Mudbelly on bass and not shown in this photo is Jasmine on harp and Dan on drums. Photos by Cathy and good decorations by the school staff.





I was real happy with the music this evening. We were lacking a couple of usual members but they were not missed as we cranked up some 35 year old Fender amps, some cheesy fuzz pedals and got down to an evening of greasy stinking blues.





Dan on guitar, I think he was dressed as SRV. A raw three chords, a $50 guitar and nothing but the truth, some say that's what songs are for.











Admiral Tripps on drums. He sends all pictures of his gigs to a drum company he endorses which is located in the Republic formerly known as West Germany.








The band, Danny and daughter Jasmine who
honks a fine blues harp, Miguel on flute and me on horns. Facebook users can see the whole photo album on line there.














Posted by Picasa

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger