Monday, June 28, 2010

Celebration at St Patrick's...

Yesterday marked the end of 82 years of service by the La Sallette Order of Priests to the St. Patrick's Parish in Lufkin Tx. Church parishioners came together to celebrate a Mass at the Civic Center. In attendance were new diocesan priests for St Pat's, Father O'Dowd and Father Garcia, various La Sallettes and Bishop of Tyler Alvaro Corrada.

A display of local Church history decorated the civic center lobby. Catholic history in this area dates back to early Franciscans who came to convert the local Indians.










We finely have friends in high places. Pictured here with Bishop Corrada is former St Patrick's pastor Eduardo Nevares, now Auxiliary Bishop Elect of Phoenix. Bishop Corrada made comments that the announcement of Bishop Ed's appointment coincided with the immigration debate that has begun in Arizona. Pray for Ed as he will possibly be involved in national events.

I was interview by KTRE TV. Check my quotes here:

http://www.ktre.com/global/story.asp?s=12717670




Posted by Picasa

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger