Thursday, August 05, 2010

Found Items...

Saw this washed up on the shore while on our last fishing trip. Coincidentally it was in the vicinity of the lost overalls. I guess stuff just washes up there.

Your guess as to function of this thing is as good as mine. Maybe an old red neck communications satellite like we used in the days before the Internet was in the air all around us. Maybe it's a vote counting machine, like we used in the 2000 presidential election. Give me two sturdy sticks and it would make a great instrument for me to play a cover version of the great Bongo Joe song, "I Can't Sing."

No, really my guess, judging from the ropes hung from it for attachment it's a fish hotel, creator unknown. Lots of cut out areas let little fish in to hide from big fish. Then while big fish say "I Know that little fish here some where" you drop a lure down and catch big fish. Nothing to it.

So even though the lake is a few summer time feet low, I don't think this was the original placement for this device. It will sit here for a while, waiting.
Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger