Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Guitar Players...

From the Labor Day gig here's Larry with the magic guitar. Slide a slider this way and it tunes to E, that way it's in G and so it goes. Push a button and it sounds like a banjo, an accordion, a cowbell, or a tuba. You think I make fun but remember those are all respected sacred instruments in these parts and their players are elevated to the same icon status as say, Brittney Spears. Not that I would hit a cowbell or a cowbell player for that matter but if you browse past pages here I have blown a tuba. Anyway this is a great sounding guitar seems especially good for those vintage Gibson acoustic sounds.







Runt departs from the usual cowboy chords and shows off some psychedelic bar chord action. That's a real nice Fender Telecaster, might have to go custom shop to get a better one.













Three chords, a red guitar and the truth. Danny with a pawn shop special tricked out with hot screaming pickups and a sound totally awash in reverb.













I think maybe it was Chet Atkins or Tommy Tedescio, both veterans of many studio sessions when asked about the key to this success replied:

"There's no money above the fifth fret."


Mudbelly is way above the fifth, on bass at that. What's he think he's doing, rocking out?





Posted by Picasa

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger