Thursday, September 15, 2011

Few Photos from the Beach...

Got a bunch of photos from the three times I have been to the beach this summer. here are a couple of the more random ones.

This is a beach house we rented on surfside one time. It's a casualty of Hurricane Ike. Not sure why it is still standing as most all of the wrecked houses are gone. During a recent drive on the west end of Galveston we decided that many of the front row beach houses we rented when the kids were little are all gone. Lots of new construction out there, big old piles of houses, ugly modern style with nothing to do with the Texas Gulf coast that sleep 20-30 people. All waiting down on the low west end for the next big blow they make the future look good for insurance payments and the preventive maintenance business.

I remember the mosquitoes were bad at this house. In fact my ankles are itching a little as I type this.

Somebody's dog at the beach. Not mine. He looked like he was having a good time despite the fact that he was discriminated against by the the business that only allowed entrance of his owner causing him to be forced to sit in the back of a shaded truck. My wife says I am going to get in trouble stopping to make pictures like this. I think most people would like
it since a person owned animal has it better than the three fourths of world without shaded pickup truck beds and that includes a good health care program with long term care provisions. The people that own animals are proud of these facts.
Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger