Tuesday, September 04, 2012

Times Do Change...


First picture dates from about 1986. Yeah, I know, not too smart, standing in the front of the boat making a picture like the dog is driving and drinking a beer. I have often thought what would have happen if I had fell out of the boat and the dog had continued on down the lake. Would some one have seen him and said, "there was a dog driving that boat!" Some one else would have probably said, "Ask him what he's catching them on."

Second picture is from 2012. This past weekend to be precise. I'm standing in the front of the boat and Coraline is driving. She is not drinking a beer, but then neither am I. I don't think she is driving as fast as the dog was. The old motor had a kind of set and forget feature. The new motor has all kinds of safety features to make sure you don't stand in the front and make a picture like the dog or kid is driving. 

Times do change. That old dog is buried in the backyard and I don't don't remember exactly where. That's ok, I have decide I don't really like dogs anyway. Maybe it was the beer, made me think I liked them. It does look like the grand kids are going to like driving old Pop-Pop around in the boat. 

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger