Sunday, January 06, 2013

Where Did Those Ducks Go?...



This is what things looked like about dawn this morning. That's my decoys. They are about all I saw today other than one big "V" of ducks flying far out on the lake. So after some fair action with good numbers of ducks trying to like the same spot we like and a couple of tasty duck dinners the birds have packed up for other places. 

I had grand ideas of a long march through the water for a special hidden hole but at the last minute stayed close. Just as well, when checked later by boat the hidden hole had no ducks. 


Morgan looks over the decoys at a spot that paid off for birds three trips in a row. One bunch circled a few times but could not like enough to commit. 



I love looking at the old cypress on gray winter days. I bet since hunting was poor the cat fish are stacked up against this bank. They do that sometimes.    Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger