Thursday, December 27, 2012

Christmas Over?...


Heck no! Not at my house. As you can see from my Christmas decorations Mary, Joe and Jesus await in the manger for wise me and the arrival of out of town kids. From the photo below you see my Mom, the biggest kid, is arm deep in present opening. She may have it finished in time for her birthday in July. I also received a Christmas card today which brings us to the yearly Older You Will Get Secular vs. Religious Christmas card exit poll. 

Are you ready for the big announcement? Yes you guessed it. Secular wins again. So much for the good old USA being a Christian country. The beast, the people have spoken. The score is 24-16 (thanks to that late one, it was Christian for making it closer) with Frosty and Rudolph clearly on top. It did seem that a card with a wreath was popular this year and it could be possible to consider this a Christian symbol but they were not in enough abundance to tip the score. 

I do believe that all the people I got cards from were reared by the Christian tradition. Some may not be good Christians, but I bet all are devout Christians to some extent such as when they pass a Texas State Trooper going a little to fast and say a quick little "oh Jesus please don't let him see me" prayer. This means their selection is a personal choice.  I also must report that I received cards from the Bishop of Tyler, the local Monastery and a Priest. They were all religious cards and I bet that is some kind of real official rule they have to go by so that even if they wanted to make a personal choice  and send you a card with their dog on it they couldn't. 

You may guess that all the energy I wasted on this silly thing has me feeling tuckered out and foolish and a little bit like a Republican who spent a bunch of money trying to buy an election  You may even wonder what kind of card I sent out. I'll have to get back to you on that after I ask my wife.  Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger