Thursday, May 16, 2013

Some Creative Dissonances...


I guess you could finish that sentence as you pleased. Such as some creative dissonances are terrible. I actually recorded this some weeks ago and thought I would redo the lead guitar but after sleeping on it (for several weeks, a great nap) I decided what the heck here it is. 

I named the tune Katherine Arrives By Camel because of a weird Indian pipe instrument she gave me as a gift one time. It's the dissonance you hear on the "1" of each measure. First time I have used this in a song. It's the kind of like a tuba. You know the sort of thing you usually use to drive other people mad. I was either trying to get some type of Middle Eastern groove going or have just listened to the new Baba Zula cd to many times. Any way thanks for the gift, Katie. I am still playing with it. 

Anyway all instruments are me, bongo cajon, two layers of baritone guitar, ringing belly dance bells, the weird thing and who knows what else I may have forgotten

Here's a photo of the instrument. Hard thing to play, hard thing to get a good picture of. The backdrop is the new curtains Cathy made this week. They are not dissonant but look real nice. 

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Katherine Wallace said...

Katherine approves by Chicago

11:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger