Wednesday, September 03, 2014

If You Want to Pay Way More for a Cigar Box Guitar Than It's Worth...

If this sounds like a good idea to you well you will have a chance. On September the 20th the Joseph House "Evening in New York Gala" which is being held at Crown Colony will have a charity auction as part of the evenings festivities . The Joseph House is an end of life residential home. It's a non profit. They will have this guitar as auction item. 

I had donated a guitar to a charity auction for the autism school in Longview. It did well and I hope this one helps out the folks in Lufkin. Somehow I have never posted pictures that I could find of this guitar so I don't have a build number for it. 

Here's some photos of a guitar you have seen before. It's one of two of Suzi's dad's cigar boxes she gave me one of which I turned into her birthday present. Here is Suzi in a photo published here before of her playing during our beach vacation. 
Close ups.



No word on how Suzi is jamming but expect an announcement of her scheduled residency at the Pine Knot Music co-op any day. I will precede her appearance each evening with lectures on such diverse topics as "The Sophisticated Man and His Music" and a technological series "Why A Fender Tube Amp Won't Play After the Magic Smoke Has Left It."  as well as other things I know about. 

So don't be saying "nothing to do around here." 



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger