Tuesday, March 24, 2015

First but the Last of This...

Got just a few photos and a report, it's a week( I been busy) late, of the Hidden Village Music Festival which was hosted at the Standpipe Coffee House. Thanks to all down there who put this together and if you missed it well then I guess you will have to be there next year. In the mean time see live music, buy cds and play your own instrument. 

This is a group the Howlin' Brothers, I did not expect to see in Lufkin again. Since their last local visit they have a cd out produced by one of the big time guys and I figured they were out there 9 to the universe and all that kind of thing. Lucky for us they are back with that country hillybilly class act and I hope we are able to see them again here in the future. 
Check the banjo. That's right he is using a slide. Slide banjo. I think I love him. 
By the way my dad wore khaki hats with pants and shirts to match like these  back and forth to work. Wish I had one. Don't worry co-workers. I would not wear it to work. 


 Closing act for the festival was Ben Caplen.  Just a man  singing, playing keyboards and guitar and a drummer. What a picture they were able to paint. Gruff voiced not getting my barstool to far from these cigarettes with a hint of old time melodies in the songs this was a duo that really worked with the drummer filling in more than the standard beats using mallets, brushes and glockenspiel to provide a fine accent to the song stories told by Caplen. 



Ok, I think I am caught up on the music blogging this week. I bet I have bought 15-20 new cds since Christmas. plenty of new music to bounce around in my head. We are done with Hidden Village till next year. It's on to the next festival. 


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger