Sunday, March 08, 2015

A Public Service Announcement...

I do not know if you have ever checked my pbase photo hosting site. It's at this LINK.  I began hosting photos on this site in 2003. Maybe it was the father to this blog, which was begun in 2005 (in my 10th year here!) and the way we advertise ourselves on the internet. Actually I had an old photo hosting site run by Kodak way before this but they made a lot of bad decisions about cameras, film, printers and trying to sell your pictures to you after you had posted them and I don't think they even exist as a company anymore. That old site went away and so did your photos if you did not buy them and that's what this public service announcement is about today. The pbase site is probably going away at the end of the month. 

I started hosting photos here with an album of Rose and Juan's wedding pictures. There was no facebook and it seemed like the best site at the time to do something like this. It costs a little bit like maybe $25 bucks a year. I went on to put all the kid' wedding photos here and as time went on it worked well for  family members and friends who did not facebook. $25 is not breaking the bank around here but there are so many free ways to host photos that I don't think I will keep this site going. 

I have all wedding photos except for Rose and Juan's on my computer and I have downloaded them so now I do have them and I'll be going through the rest of the albums to make sure I save anything I do not have a copy of somewhere. If family or friends want to do the same now is the time. 

Just to give a sample and prove that a picture is worth 1000 words here is a photo of me and Mary dancing at Rose and Juan's wedding.



2 Comments:

Blogger scottbob said...

I remember parts of that night including the dancing barefoot. A group of us including Gary Strong ended the night singing Kareoke in the hotel bar. I believe I sang my old Lou Reed standard Take a Walk on the Wild Side

9:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Let's get this straight or maybe clarified is a better word. You walked on the wild side with Strong is what I heard.

4:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger