Tuesday, December 20, 2016

This Weekend's Fishing and a Year End Report...

It was a windy weekend for fishing. While we could hardly keep hats on our heads the catfish did not seen to notice. They bit like crazy ahead of the cold weather. Brother in law Matt and the grand kids were in for the trip. Lucky thing that the kids fished because we caught 80 catfish. That was a little short of the 125 fish five man limit but it was enough to keep us busy. 

Matt took big fish honors with this nice blue cat. 

Cats were in one of the same places we have been fishing since October. Todays was a bit different as almost all fish were caught on the left hand side of the boat. That's where the closest side to the drop off, a typical winter time fishing pattern. Fish hold tight to the breaks. 


Coraline helps Cathy fish. 


In this photo of Warren and Cathy you can see how the wind blows Cathy's hair. 


I think we are going to have to get a bigger tub. These cats made 19 pounds of fillets. We cooked 15 pounds the next day for a Christmas tree decorating party. 

I went back through the blog and counted up cat fishing trips as well as I could. Looks like we are right at 500 fish for the year with almost half of those caught since October and that half comes from the same area. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger