Tuesday, April 11, 2017

Canoeing Lake Naconichie...

Took the canoe out for a paddle on Lake Naconichie. This lake is listed at 642 acres an is north of Nacogdoches off Highway 59. It has nice facilities, a boat dock, good launch ramp, swimming area and the toilets while housed in good clean structures are of the pit variety.   

Here is a look down the lake from the bridge. I was thinking, there's a fish by every stump. 

Other than the chicken houses in the distance nice view of the swimming area and the kayak launch


It's jungle with lots of downed and standing timber. I was expecting some panfish on little spinners and at least some small bass on this lake that becoming famous as a spot to catch large bass. I did not catch a single bass and the only bass bite I got was a swirl at a top water lure. Of course I was a bit limited in range of spots to check as I was paddle powered. Most boats seemed to be following a marked creek channel on upstream to farther away parts of the lake.  


My only catch of the day. At least I kept my two year string alive of always catching a fish out of the canoe when I go. I could use about a dozen of these tasty critters. 


I guess I am a little spoiled fishing on Rayburn in spots I have used for going on 50 or so years, many which my dad showed me. I might be a little to set in my ways to develop new tactics on a new lake. Maybe I'll hit this lake in a few more weeks and see if warming water brings on a good bream bite. 

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger