Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Rita History for church...

Here is an email I received from Denise concerning the writing of an account of Rita for the church. I assume permission to post since it was a mass email.


"Hey everybody,

Fr. Bill and the Bishop have asked me to write up all that happen......gonna take me awhile!! It's going to go into the church archives.

As I said all along, this was a total team effort. God put everyone of us where we needed to be. Many of you have shared beautiful stories and not so beautiful stories with me on your personal experiences. I'm asking all of you to write down these experiences and get them to me. Don't worry about it being perfect as this is to preserve history. Also, I'd like to have copies of any pictures that you have and I know there are many..........right? Ray!! So to all of you, our work is not finished.

Got a call from Dale (FEMA) today and he's back at work as a fireman in Arizona and said to tell all of you hello. He said he's never worked so hard, had so much fun and came away with such rewards. Senator Staples office called today and said how proud he and his staff are of St. Pat's and amazed at how we ran our shelter. They are calling me back tomorrow as there are loose ends to tie up. Lt. Governor Dewhirst also took us under his wing and would send me personal messages. You'll see in my write up.

All said and done, looks like we have two broken windows, outside of the Hurricane damage, and both those breaks were accidents. I asked the Evie Lowe, our new school principal, to have the teachers write down all that was missing or broken in their rooms, especially items the teachers purchased themselves, and the church/diocese would replace. Talked to her today and there are none.

Like I've told you all before.......we are truly blessed!

Love you all!
Denise"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger