Tuesday, September 13, 2005

I made the paper...

No not the obits, though there are those who think I am fading fast and not the police report, I am reformed thank you.

I made the current edition of the Kilgore College newspaper, The Flare. I have attended three institutions of higher learning in my life, Stephen F. Austin State U, Angelina College and now am a student at Kilgore College. I have had my picture in two out of three student newspapers, the SFA Pine Log and now in the Flare. I don't know how AC missed the boat.

This picture from the Pine Log is from some football season between 1975 and 1977. It was on the front page. I was honking on that thing. I still can.

New picture is of me taking a student poll on effect of gas prices. I'm getting 23 mpg if I take it easy. Not great, but if I drive 70 I get 18.




So there you have it, I not only report the news, I make it too.

3 Comments:

Blogger Carl said...

My father in law emails this comment:
"A Freshman in 1975----and a Freshman in 2005? Is this some sort of time warp?"

Yep that is what it says folks, progress is slow, change incremental, do not be afraid, beat down the walls all around you.

5:49 PM  
Blogger Dan Maxwell said...

I was thinking I had been in the ol' Pine Log about the same time, but it took me a while to find the clipping!

8:08 PM  
Blogger Carl said...

That is too cool dude, you predate me a few months, my picture must have been fall of 75.

The original copy of my picture is about worn out, thanks to my mom there are plenty more saved!

10:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger