Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Christmas at the Land...


They call the place Pop and Geneva live "the Land." This weekend the Cooney clan gathered there and had Christmas, a little early, but a necessary custom since some work next weekend and others scatter to other places around the country to be with in laws and out laws. It was great to be there and have a good time with the gang.

A modern Christmas custom:
Kevin and Margaret stop and buy a sack of oysters when they fly in. This is at least the third year they have done this. Myself I like to think I am somehow participating in Gulf Coast relief efforts, fueling the economy of the region if I try to eat as many as I can. Here is Kevin getting down to business of reconstruction.



Perfect with a nice sauce and plenty of lemon.


This girl shucks!
Ladies, please step away from the oyster knifes.

Stanta showed up, mumbling something about a pig.

There was a lot more to eat than just oysters.



Jim and Sandy.

When you open that present and it has coal in it, this is the look on your face.

When you give coal, see face below.

Joe and Karl made

cookies for everyone.

After a day of hosting this party Pop and Geneva got all dressed up and performed at the Christmas Cantata at the Baptist Church in New Waverly.

Look for a bunch of pictures all week as I work through the season making as many as I can.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger