Thursday, December 29, 2005

It took a little longer...

I did manage to catch 11 catfish today. Slow going at first, took me a while to find them. It had been a month since my last fishing trip, the water temp has dropped from 64 to 55, the lake has fell a couple of feet and the fish moved from the flats to the edge of the old river channel 25 feet deep right on the old river bank where it plunges to 44 feet. After I found them it took about 45 minutes to get supper. They are now swimming in my belly.

Good thing I had this technology onboard my boat, the ability to tell water temperature, the sonar to see how deep. Without it I would be reduced to finding the depth and temp of the water like this person in the picture is about to do.

One startling thing, I had a brand new gallon of Danny King's catfish bait ( see link at the side, one of my sponsors) and when I popped the top off it was pink. The last bucket of this stuff was not pink, it looked like catfish bait should, all nasty. They have several flavors, this was the "blood." The catfish apparently do not care about color.

This might have been my last fishing trip for the year.

.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Dan Maxwell said...

Cathy gettin ready for some noodlin'?

2:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger