Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Mystery of the coat hanger solved...

My father in law Bill Cooney emails me:

"Linda and I stayed in the Roosevelt on our honeymoon in 1958. My second time in NO; her first. Went to see a closed circuit TV match between Cut and Shoot hero Roy Harris and champ Floyd Patterson. KO by Patterson as I recall. Also took the riverboat "President" up and down the crescent of the river. We saw and heard the "Dukes of Dixieland" at the "Famous Door" and had a drink or two at Pat O"Briens. St. Louis Cathedral, the Cabildo and that coffee place. Linda hoorawed me for years, telling people, "Yeah, on our honeymoon he took me to heavyweight boxing match!"--------incidentally, I logged in as Number 500 on the blog, pretty soon you will be able to sell ads. Love to you all--Pop and Geneva"

Thanks for being number 500 Bill and I'm sorry about stealing your coat hanger. Next time I'm at your house I'll try to not act like I'm staying at the Roosevelt. By the way, are you missing any towels?

Thanks to all you folks that made Bill #500, glad you are reading.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger