Thursday, January 05, 2006

Recorded a tune...

After Taekwondo tonight David Sarver, a minister at Brothers Keeper Church grabbed me and said he needed a bass player. He had written a tune about a soldier he knew who had been wounded in Iraq and wanted to record it. He knew a guy with a studio. The studio was great, a big old two story rambling house, almost brought back memories of the old days. Almost, the old days did not have a Pro Tools recording console, but you know what I mean.

Any way we got a rough cut, I even took a couple of passes at it on lap steel. I don't think the lap steel will make the cut, too cheap an instrument with not enough sustain, did not really sit well with the keyboard strings. Later some electric guitar and a cello will be added.

Any way I was glad for the opportunity to do something for a guy who had been hurt, and he was hurt bad. His recovery has been called a miracle. Hope my little bit I did tonight makes him feel better.

I have a cd with the rough mix, later when I get a finished one, I'll email it around to any who want a copy.

Hope no one else gets hurt in a war.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I visit every day at lunch time. Helps the digestion you know.


Gary Wayne

12:32 PM  
Blogger Carl said...

Thanks for reading, glad it is not ruining your lunch. There are a lot of web sites that make you forget about eating.

But, the older you will get...

7:08 PM  
Blogger Dan Maxwell said...

I'd like an mp3 of the song, rough and/or otherwise!

2:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger