Monday, March 05, 2007

Odds and Ends from the Weekend...

Worked some long days this weekend. Got to work next weekend because I switched a weekend to be off for the church festival. Be glad when I get a full time job. Maybe I won't have to work so much.

Got a study guide for the National license test and started studying for that this weekend.

Friday night was the best night of the weekend. Our little state school band. which seems to have grown into the name "StratCats" played for the individuals out there just like usual. What was unusual was that there was a group called Advocacy INC. who represented interests who look into the possibility of shutting down facilities like this if it seems that the individuals will be served better in nursing homes or group homes. We were scheduled to play that night instead of our usual night to be able to showcase an example of the activities the folks there regular get.

The band played well, I even saw some of the visitors dancing. Hopefully we can have a hand in not only preserving the quality of life for the folks that reside at the state school, but also the jobs represented there for the community.

Next gig for the StratCats is the St. Patrick's festival to be held on the church grounds March 18 from 12-7pm. We play at 3pm. There will be food (not by the band) games, a raffle and other entertainment. All proceeds go to the church building fund.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger