Tuesday, February 20, 2007

All on a Mardi Gras Day!...


Too bad we can't be there. And the only reason is to boost the economy of the storm ravaged city. Really.

Here's a shot made at the Jazz Fest, but these Mardi Gras Indians will be out there today in the new suits they have spent all year sewing.

I don't know about you, but there is just something relaxing about catching the beads thrown from the parade floats. I think it is just the fact that you get out there and go ape doo-doo over a worthless trinket that means absolutely nothing. Maybe it lowers the inflated value we put on certain other things we have in our lives so that an equilibrium is created and things are back in perspective.

Here is a parade shot. I don't think I have been to a Mardi Gras in the digital camera age yet so I had to dig through old 35mm shots real quick this morning to find something appropriate. There are other shots in my collection but this is just the first I have found.
Good reason to go back to New Orleans, make a parade picture that captures the smell of the ape doo-doo.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger