Monday, April 02, 2007

Music Downloads for the month...

Haven't written much about music lately. Just finished up my downloads from emusic for the month. Those emusic folks are tricky. Your subscription runs on a 30 day cycle so that is why I have already wiped out my allotment for the month on the second day of the month. Makes you want to buy what they call a "booster pack."

Anyway here's whats booming from the speakers:
Hammer of the Honky Tonk Gods By Bill Kirtchen. Old Planet Airman lives in Austin now.

Memphis Blood by James Blood Ulmer. Covers of old blues tunes that remain true to the old sound, but with modern twist. Ulmer is one of those atonal guys, some of his stuff can be unlistenable, but his last two releases are great. He tunes weird, like EEEEEC# or something and plays the colors within the note.

Horses and Trees by Ginger Baker with uber bass player Bill Laswell. Outer space African sound tracks, for study purposes only. Laswell has a ton of stuff on emusic, all weird, I plan on getting it all sooner or later.

Cooking with Miles Davis Quintet, only five tunes, but I ran out of downloads so I only got four. Nice little live outing with Miles, Coltrane has some great drum breaks. I can't play jazz like this around my wife, she says it's the kind of stuff that makes her want to slap someone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger