Sunday, June 17, 2007

My wife makes catfish bait...


I know it's father's day and all but I been telling you guys that she is mad at the catfish. She wants to get them all out of the lake. She has made a custom bait, pictured here. It is weenies, chopped in sections and saturated in garlic. No doubt after spending last night in the bed of the pickup the fish catching ability will be improved.


We made a little late night after dark trip yesterday to the lake when the sky had cleared after all the thunderstorms of the afternoon. Floated the noodles for a while baited with the weenies and caught one small cat. Then we hand fish a bit and caught one more cat. A little cool and windy on the lake. Not much action but nice to sit there. Not many folks out, we could see maybe three other night fishermen, one of them one of those gar fishing boats, sweeping the shallows with a search light with men perched on the bow to shoot the toothy fish with arrows. From the distance in the dark they looked like alien craft hovering and making abductions. I could imagine myself as it's helpless human prey, running and sweating, stinking under the arms as I tried to stay free.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on passing your boards..I took mine the same day at 8am.
Brandon

9:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats to you too!

Thanks for checking in here.

9:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger