Thursday, June 14, 2007

So now I wait...

The deed is done, the PTA board exam is taken. Funny how there are some things that can just instantly make you sweaty and stinky under the arms. This is one of those things.

I can't even begin to guess how I did. I never really can guess what I made on a test. Maybe it's a mental trick of mine, a way of maintaining lowered expectations if I did not do well. The test itself was no harder or easier than any of the practice exams I have taken so at least there were no surprises.

The real down side to not passing is that I lose my temp license till I can take it again and pass. That will be bad since things are going well for me at the hospital. Funny how the exam can be harder than the actual job, with the job you get into the routine. You look at the care plan for the patient that the Physical Therapist has written and while it does not describe the exact interventions you will do it gives the goals for the patient and from there you make it happen.

Worst things worst to use a quote from the Great Bill Cooney (I know you must have heard of him) "If money can fix your problems, you don't have problems." That means I can just sign up for a study seminar, for a nice fee of course, and bone up.

So this evening finds me mentally tired. Funny how all this brain work can make you so tired. I been getting off from my job each day, which is very busy, feeling very refreshed. I get a 30 minute lunch break and that's about it. Rest of the time I am running all over the hospital only to stop now and then to type a patient note. One of the PTAs that used to work with us once wore one of those walk meter things and logged 8 miles in a day I think it was. I pretty much have her beat now. But even with all that I get off and feel like fishing or TKD or anything except for ths old stinking under the arms brain tiredness I have now.

They gave me a note today that said several weeks to receive results in the mail. I might know pas/fail by Monday by checking the board web site.

Thanks so much to all the folks who called and encouraged, who said they would pray for me, you have touched my heart.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have all the faith in the world that you passed that exam. LOVE YOU!

8:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger