Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Sicko...

Saw the Michael Moore movie Sicko last night. I think it's the best movie he has made.

There are things wrong with the health care system. Insurance companies make a ton of the profit, and they make it by denying care to some people. I have faith that their greed will be dealt with a some point along the line. I think the best point of the movie is that we allow the system to operate in such a way that some folks don't get health care.

We do this by not caring about each and every individual. The very principles of democracy and Christian charity that we in America often preach to the rest of the world are not carried out here, the powers that be use fear and ignorance to divide us, hey make us feel hopeless so we don't vote to change things.

Everyone deserves to be taken care of, no questions asked. I am ashamed that other countries do this better than we do and there are some costs to do this. I will help shoulder my part. I think this country that we brag about as the riches and most powerful, the best place to live can do that with no sweat.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger