Sunday, January 13, 2008

Natchitoches Weekend...

Me and Cathy did an overnighter to Natchitoches La. Not much going on, but we found a cheap motel Called the Riverview Inn that was fine for a town that is really known for the bed and breakfast scene and ate plenty of good seafood.

The area is a left over of the confluence of French and Spanish culture. The river front has that old French Quater look.






Old south charm.











The Cane River passes right through downtown. It is the the second of three river channels that the Red River has occupied during the past couple of hundred years. Here are some shots of some rowing, not quite sure what this is called, but it was a little hard to catch these guys in the view finder they were moving so fast. Natchitous is famous for Christmas decorations. Looks like they might leave the up for Mardi Gras. Check the dove in the back ground.

Looked like a fun body of water that I could imagine being quite busy in warm weather. Lots of docks, boathouses and pontoon boats tied up at houses lining the river.

Lots of old stuff to see, post more as I get the time.
Posted by Picasa

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger