Friday, May 16, 2008

Drum and Tuba...

Spring band concert, me and about 12 other geezers , graduates of the Lufkin High School Band got to perform 4 numbers with the Symphonic Band at last night's concert. I think we had folks from the 50s, 70s and 80s take up their horns for this gig.

Here's me and Mary striking a pose in the band hall before the gig. Naturally the graduating seniors broke into the unoffical fight song, an old tune we played at football games and which was actually played at the old Dunbar high school in the days of segreation, "Striving."

Mary grabbed a set of cymbals and we both stood on chairs to jam together on that old spirit stirring song. My mother was there. She left quickly, claimed she did not see us doing that.

Anyway it was a lot of fun. I think me and Mary were both a little keyed up after the gig. We went and got yougerts, no sugar added for me, and I went home and wrote patient notes from the home health treatment I had done that afternoon and washed the dishes. Seems like not too many years ago I would have stayed up for two or three days after a night of playing on someone's front porch.

Guess you gotta go pro sometime.
Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger