Sunday, September 21, 2008

Got Power Back...

The power came on Friday night. We were out of town at the Lufkin/Longview game, a real thriller, a triple overtime that ended in defeat for the Panthers. I was sure glad to turn in the driveway late late that night to see the house shining bright.

Anyway things are fine around here. For more spot on reporting of Hurricane Ike I suggest you check the Raggedy Resa link on the side bar. She is in the High Island area.

Here are some shots of the day Ike hit here. I was a little worried about that big oak you see in the picture. It looks much bigger in person than in the picture, but seems to lean away from the house. Mary was right there on the spot to combat flooding and clean up.
Those tall skinny pines behind the red barn sure swayed in the wind, but all held.
Feeding the hungry.

Thanks to Clarence and Judy Huggins, they live a few houses down from my mother and they got power on last Sunday night. Their freezer provided a safe place for the 30lbs of catfish to stay comfortable frozen till the power came on here.
Posted by Picasa

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger MaHuggy said...

Hey Carl, what about the LOBO's !!! Ray enjoyed the game with our son in law. Me and My daddy listened to it on the radio. I did however sneak out to watch the half time on from the hill. Lufkin's band was fantastic !!! Good job Panther Band ! My brother Drew was up for my dads birthday sunday and his daughter Jessica is in the drill team...she was telling me how rude all the Longview fans on the visitors side were acting. Drew said, in his younger days he would of been doing some good ole punching. Sorry, hope it wasn't too bad ! take care, Pam

2:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger