Thursday, September 11, 2008

Getting ready for Ike...

So here we go again, looks like we are going to be part of the bullseye for this one. Winds predicted for this area by the NOAA are >73 miles per hour. Lots of traffic passing through town. Disaster team meetings called at the hospital. The Lufkin Nacogdoches football game, the oldest rivalry,has been canceled. Not like they needed to play it, Lufkin leads in the series 39,000 to 3 or something like that but that is just another example of how big this is.

Here is an email from someone right on the spot, daughter Rose and son in law Juan. Rose is police dispatch for the city of Brazoria and Juan, while still at his TPWL job works part time as a patrolman for the Jones Creek marshals office. I had talked to Rose about 6:30 and she said the tide is coming in causing water to rise and it will not go out while the storm pushes on in. Don't sound good. But here's the email:

I HAVE JUST ARRIVED AT WORK AND THE POLICE DEPARTMENT IS HOPPEN. WE HAVE THE PIT GOING AND DRINKS ICED. THE SKY IS A LITTLE BIT CLOUDY BUT STILL VERY NICE. JUST REMEMBER TO KEEP THE EMAILS THE WAY IT SOUNDS AROUND HERE THESE COULD BE MY LAST COMMUNICATIONS (LOL). I HAVE SCOUTED THE PD AND FOUND A PLACE TO STAKE MY CLAIM. I WILL FEND THEM OFF WITH MY TRUSTIE DUCKIE FLOAT. WE ARE FIXING TO EAT AND LAUGH JUAN SAID HELLO HE IS STANDING HERE AND OH BY THE WAY THE DONATIONS FOR IKE ARE CARE OF ROSE RAMIREZ @ BRAZORIA POLICE DEPARTMENT. HA HA HA HA HA JUST KIDDING WE LOVE YOU ALL WILL POST AN UPDATE LATER IN THE NIGHT. WE ARE EXPECTING TROPICAL FORCE WINDS BY 0700 HRS.

LOVE ROSE AND JUAN


Rose likes that all caps business. Anyone surprised?

I have to work tomorrow, off this weekend with the option to go sit around the hospital to wait if I am needed. I told them to call me. I hope I can sit around here and get the news out if the power stays up. Anyway here's the Mary Star of the sea prayer again:

O, Mary, Star of the Sea, Mother of God, we present ourselves in Thy sight in all humility to thank Thee for Thy maternal protection. We who are in constant danger from the perils of storms and flooding humbly thank Thee for Thy loving protection, which Thou hast shown our entire area these past years. We offer this through Jesus Christ, Your only Son who lives and reigns with one God forever and ever. Amen.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger