Monday, November 03, 2008

First Street Arts Center 2nd Anniversary...




Lufkin First Street Arts Center 2nd Anniversary party. Quite a nice evening, good venue the inside of an old building, maybe an old Ben Franklin store across the alley from the old Pines Theater. The building has been gutted, open to the sky with the outside done in a style that has made it come to be referred to as the Alamo. Across the street you could browse the Arts Center, with the work of local artists, musicians and authors for sale.

Left to right, Brandon on guitar, Mike on drums, me on harp, Jerry vocals and Travis on bass.














Elvis performed a set.














Close up on the harp. All pictures by Don Miguel.















Jim Morrison of the Doors also appeared. Note Susan on keyboards, she was hidden on the other picture.

Really good gig, be nice to have more stuff like this downtown.

I'll try to get an on line photo album up soon of all pictures.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger