Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Trapped...

We own a mouse trap that catches them live. With the arrival of cool weather I heard suspicious digging in the walls. Somebody was setting up a nice winter retreat. Could not have that, the no vacancy sign is out folks so I baited up this trap with a peanut butter cracker and the next day it had a prisoner. See, if you get in the trap, you can have all the peanut butter you want because one thing is for sure, you can't get out.

Doing the human thing (hey we are voting for Obama after all) we loaded up the trap in the back of the pickup (some mice are big) and drove to a near by dirt road. Not too far, (small carbon foot print) and tried to get a picture as we opeaned the trap.
He/she what ever did not exactly stand still so I only got a picture of the butt.

This mouse hit the ground in the middle of an East Texas sand dirt road, jumped the ditch and went straight into a small hole at the base of tree, right between two roots. It was almost like he knew that hole was there. I doubt that a glance at the tree base by human eyes would have noted this hole, but once he drew attention to it, it was easily seen.

The best comparison I can draw, kind of an allegory of life so to speak is like when you enter a public building and you are about to poop your trousers. A kind of sixth sense kicks in as quickly enter the building, a glance about sends information from eyes to brain that is hard to exactly qualify, over there it says, turn right, past the women's there it is, just in time. It rarely fails us because we all know how embarrassing it is to poop trousers publicly.
Posted by Picasa

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

My old man used to say, "What's the matter boy? Crap your tights?"

(Pop)

2:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I set one of those humane traps behind the dryer one time after I had seen a mouse... and forgot about it. Next time I needed the trap, I remembered where it was, and found a tiny lil skeleton in there. :(
I think it's kinder for an absent-minded person to kill 'em quick.
(An Inhumane Human?)

8:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We kept 3 stinky little boarders one winter thanks to the humane trap. They ran on their provided wheel, ate just about anything, but yes, unfortunately, very smelly. They were evicted to a nearby park once spring arrived. They also seemed to know right where to go... I don't think they were worried about poopin' their pants though ;-)

10:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger