Sunday, October 19, 2008

1st Division...

Great weekend for the Panther Band, not so good for the football team. Lost the game, won the half time and then on Saturday the band scored a 1st division superior rating at UIL marching contest.

Here's the drum line during the school song.
Pop and Geneva came to the game which was played in Conroe.
More cowbell. Curtis gets down during a rendition of "Low Rider."

Check this link. It's the Lufkin High School "Jam Band." Jam Band is a loose group the performs material arranged by the students during the game. They are getting better and better and while I don't think this is one of their best tunes you will recognize it. Most of their stuff is current pop hits which I don't recognize and I think it's pretty rare to find a group permitted to do this kind of thing at a game.
http://www.youtube.com/profile_videos?user=theolderyouwillget



I'll get a youtube of the contest drill up later.
Posted by Picasa

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've got some stills from the contest on Flickr

10:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger