Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving...

Deep in Davy Crockett National Forest Big Slough Wilderness area it was a misty morning. Lots to be thankful for, a hunt with my son Morgan and plenty of game to see. Wood ducks flew early and I got a couple of shots but no luck. More water than I expected, has not been that much rain has it, so ducks have lots of choices where to land. At this spot here the slough is usually wadeable this time of the year. Don't think I'll try today, the creek bank is where you see the big trees. I saw 4 ducks swimming, two squirrels (no way to get them if I took a shot) and a beaver swam in front of me. I slowly reached to my pouch for my camera and the "pop" of the snap was enough to make him slap the water angrily and dive out of sight.

Are these good to eat?

One woody for Morgan, he also had a stare down with a doe at 20 yards.

Looks like Rose and Juan will be here Saturday and I know Cathy expects a fishing trip sometime this weekend.
Posted by Picasa

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger