Monday, December 01, 2008

Cold Day Photos...

So no luck yesterday hunting. I even carried a backpack that held about 5 decoys on the 1mile trek through the river bottoms to the big slough. Did not even see a squirrel, and very few ducks flew on a clear windy day compared to Thanksgiving morning when we last hunted. Morgan and a couple of his buddies had hunted Saturday morning, each bagging a squirrel and reporting lots of ducks flying, just none landing within range. Seems to be the story of my life, if I am on this side of the creek the ducks are on that side and vice a versa...

Here's me hunting. Was I scaring them? Am I too old for this duck business, all the walking, wading, toting? Will someone crop this picture from display here and use it as evidence I am a gun crazy organizing a river bottom brigade subversive intent on anarchy and overthrow? I don't know, but the world is watching and as evidence I have had a lot of youtube video comments lately and there are a lot more visitors to this site than the church site I also operate. What's it all mean?

I had hoped to get a good river bottom picture as the Museum of East Texas has a Neches River photo contest ongoing that would be submittable, but I don't think I nailed it on these trips.

Anyway, back to the weekend report, we returned home from fishing to cook Saturdays catch with Rose and Juan as lunch guests. The high winds forced us to rig a wind shield for the cooker. The menu was fried catfish along with the duck and squirrel me and Morgan killed. I sliced the duck breast into strips so everyone got a bite and cut the squirrels into legs and backs, all pan fried. The squirrel was very moist and tasty.


Even Trigger, Rose and Juan's dog, huddled in the leaves against the wind got a hushpuppy.
Posted by Picasa

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger